Associate, Corporate M&A (Sports/Media/Entertainment) in Toronto, Canada
Our client is a leading Canadian business law firm with a highly successful reputation, strong support and resources, a dynamic team, and excellent partnership prospects. The firm also features a thriving sports and entertainment practice led by industry leading lawyers.
Offering opportunities for growth, a collegial work environment and hybrid work arrangement, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join an entrepreneurial, growing, and successful firm.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate M&A (Sports/Media/Entertainment)
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Corporate M&A to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of corporate/commercial and M&A experience, strong business development skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. A passion in the sports/media/entertainment industry would be considered an asset but prior experience is not a requirement.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a varied case load of corporate M&A and commercial files.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of corporate/commercial and M&A experience.
- A passion in the sports/media/entertainment industry would be considered an asset.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take ownership of files.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and drafting skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.