Associate, Family Lawyer Job in Vernon, Canada
Davidson Lawyers LLP is a full-service law firm serving the North Okanagan and Shuswap. The firm boasts lawyers with practice backgrounds that include serving as partners and heads of practice groups at regional and national law firms, but who have since relocated to the Okanagan. Since 1919, Davidson Lawyers has been an integral part of the community, bringing a wealth of experience, as well as personalized and cost-effective legal solutions, to its client. Davidson Lawyers is located in the beautiful City of Vernon, the commercial hub of the North Okanagan, which offers the best in valley living.
Job Description – Associate, Family Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, Davidson Lawyers is seeking an Associate, Family Lawyer to join its team to support a senior partner. The ideal candidate will have two to six years of family law experience, excellent negotiation and dispute resolution skills, and exceptional written and oral communication.
Offering a compensation package with a strong bonus structure and exceptional partnership prospects with one of the top firms in the region, this is a great opportunity for a junior lawyer to step into a mature and successful practice offering strong mentorship resources.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a varied case load of family files.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-6 years of family law experience.
- Superior advocacy, technical, interpersonal, and file management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: