In-House Corporate Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client is an entrepreneurial and rapidly growing company operating in the cannabis sector.
Job Description – In-House Corporate Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for an In-House Corporate Lawyer to join its team in Toronto. Reporting to the General Counsel, the successful candidate will provide legal support to all business functions of the organization. Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer seeking to join a successful and enterprising company poised for further growth.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist and advise on corporate commercial matters, financing, securities law, information technology, and IP law.
- Draft and negotiate key commercial agreements for various business units.
- Advise on developments in regulations, policies and case law; legal exposures and risks; and legal challenges within the cannabis industry.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of corporate commercial experience at a top-tier firm or company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in capital markets, financing, and public M&A is preferred.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: