Knowledge Management Lawyer in Toronto, Canada
Aird & Berlis LLP is one of Canada’s premier business law firms and is consistently recognized as a leading Canadian law firm by several international and national guides to the legal profession. The firm provides strategic legal and business advice is all principal areas of business law, including corporate finance, banking, insolvency and restructuring, energy, environmental, infrastructure/P3, technology and intellectual property, litigation, workplace law, municipal and land use planning, real estate, and tax.
This is an excellent, partnership track opportunity, for a talented lawyer to take on a non-traditional role involving cutting-edge technology matters. The successful candidate will be working as an integral member of the capital markets team and have the opportunity to define the flexibility and scope of the role, including fee earning and lower billable hours.
Job Description – Knowledge Management Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, Aird & Berlis LLP seeks to add a Knowledge Management Lawyer to its Capital Markets team in Toronto. The Knowledge Management Lawyer will monitor and report changes in capital markets practice, provide thought leadership and training, and draft precedents and develop practice materials. As the ideal candidate, you will have a minimum of five years of capital markets/securities law experience with knowledge and an interest in cutting-edge technology matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide research and manage up-to-date knowledge for the capital markets practice group; create accessible, effective, and robust resource materials for lawyers.
- Monitor and deliver presentations on new developments in the legal industry.
- Draft and develop practice materials, precedents, papers, articles, and other materials for internal and client distribution.
- Provide mentorship and training to students and junior lawyers.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of capital markets/securities experience.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Superior presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think creatively with great problem-solving skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.