Legal Counsel Job in GTA, Canada
Our client, GFL Environmental Inc., is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America. Headquartered in Vaughan, Ontario, GFL is a highly successful and rapidly growing company with a young entrepreneurial management team, a proven track record of technology and operating efficiencies, and a commitment to further growth.
Job Description – Legal Counsel, GTA
GFL Environmental Inc. is seeking to add a Legal Counsel to its head office in Vaughan. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day legal requirements of the company and work with the General Counsel on acquisitions across Canada.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide practical, business-oriented advice to operations on day-to-day corporate commercial matters.
- Draft and review commercial agreements for various business and functional units.
- Work alongside the General Counsel, and where appropriate, outside counsel, on the preparation of acquisition documentation and the completion of acquisitions across various jurisdictions in Canada.
- Perform legal due diligence on various acquisition targets under the supervision of the General Counsel.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-5 years of broad corporate and M&A experience.
- High-energy self-starter and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: