Partner, Labour and Employment in Edmonton, Canada
Our client is a leading Canadian law firm renowned for practice excellence and strong client service orientation. Featuring one of the top business law practices in Canada, the firm’s lawyers have been recognized by national and international legal guides, and its clients include leaders across all sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful team with a thriving labour and employment practice and excellent support resources to optimally facilitate and enhance a practice.
Job Description – Labour and Employment Partner
Our client has an immediate opening for a Labour & Employment Partner Lawyer to join its successful team in Edmonton. The successful candidate will assist public and private employers with a variety of labour and employment matters, and provide support to the firm’s growing Labour & Employment Practice Group.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a complex labour and employment practice for clients across a broad range of industries.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
- Provide mentorship and support to the office’s growing Labour & Employment Group.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 8+ years of assisting public and private employers with a wide variety of labour and employment matters.
- Strong commercial acumen, outstanding client care skills, and excellent practice management skills.
- A full or partial portable practice is preferred.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: