Legal Counsel, Commercial Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Trulioo is a global identity verification company that provides secure access to reliable, independent, and trusted data sources worldwide to instantly verify consumers and business entities online. Trulioo’s marketplace of global identity networks, GlobalGateway, helps organizations comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) requirements by automating Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Business (KYB) workflows.
Trulioo supports global clients to instantly verify five billion customers and 330 million business entities in over 195 countries – all through a single API integration. Trulioo’s mission is to solve global problems associated with verifying identities by powering fraud prevention and compliance systems for customers worldwide in an effort to increase trust and safety online.
Trulioo has been recognized as a ‘CNBC Disruptor 50 Company’, named by BC Tech Association as ‘Emerging Company of the Year’ and ‘Technology Pioneer’ by the World Economic Forum.
This is an incredible opportunity for a talented lawyer to thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge company offering excellent benefits and workplace culture.
Job Description – Legal Counsel, Commercial
Due to ongoing growth, Trulioo is seeking a well-rounded Legal Counsel, Commercial lawyer to join its team. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Legal Counsel, Commercial will be responsible for a variety of areas including, commercial transactions and regulatory compliance.
Trulioo is an innovator in the exciting and impactful online identity space. The ideal candidate must be passionate about driving inclusion at the intersection of technology, the regulatory environment, and the digital economy.
Trulioo is dedicated to fostering a culture around collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. The company is in a constant state of improvement, and provides employees with competitive benefits, vacation policies, and development resources to support growth as well as work-life balance. A mixture of social events, wellness initiatives, and engagement activities to allow for employees to connect and collaborate.
Trulioo values its employees, creating a flexible and friendly work environment where everyone can succeed and grow. Trulioo is committed to diversity and inclusion and has incorporated an approach that allows for different perspectives to come together and support its overall mission.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Negotiate distribution and partnership deals.
- Provide sound legal advice to internal teams.
- Negotiate commercial agreements across a global customer base.
- Understand international data privacy standards.
- Work closely with internal teams to structure and negotiate new business deals.
- Work to continuously improve standard agreements and processes.
- Stay up to date on current laws and regulations as they relate to Trulioo to mitigate risk.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of experience gained at a top tier law firm and/or relevant in-house.
- Flexible and adaptable mindset and working style.
- Ability to as thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, sound judgement, and solid negotiation skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: