Associate, Corporate Commercial in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a successful and established mid-size regional law firm known for its expertise and client-focused approach. The firm provides a wide range of legal services within business law, estates, litigation, commercial real estate and tax. The firm’s business law practice features a team of well-regarded, leading corporate lawyers providing a wide variety of corporate commercial legal services. The firm offers a rewarding mentor-based work environment, where lawyers work on complex matters with colleagues from different disciplines, senior partners, associates and a team of law clerks.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate corporate lawyer to join a leading law firm offering sophisticated work, a collegial work environment and strong mentorship, as well as future partnership opportunities.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate Commercial
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Corporate Commercial to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist clients with a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, shareholder and partnership structuring, and lending. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of corporate commercial law experience, strong business acumen, and excellent drafting and interpersonal skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist clients with a variety of matters including M&A, lending, private equity and exempt market transactions and shareholder/partnership structuring.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
- Work with senior counsel to ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-7 years of corporate commercial law experience.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong business acumen and work ethic.
- Excellent drafting and interpersonal skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: