Associate, Estates & Trusts Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client is a leading Canadian law firm with a full-service platform, a strong reputation for practice excellence, and robust support and resources.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented lawyer to work with high net-worth clients, take ownership of their practice, and grow their career at a leading firm that recognizes and promotes teamwork and personal success.
Job Description – Associate, Estates & Trusts Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate. Estates & Trusts Lawyer to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of relevant experience and will provide clients with expertise in estate and trust planning, cross-border planning, and estate and trust administration.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise on estate planning matters, including wills, tax, enduring powers of attorney, personal directives, and trusts.
- Advise on estate administration matters and assist Personal Representatives (Executors or Administrators) in applying for Grants of Probate or Administration.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of estate planning experience.
- Superior client service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: