Call for nominations: 2018 SABA Toronto Awards
The annual SABA Awards (being held on November 28, 2018) are one of the most prestigious legal awards in Toronto, celebrating the achievements of South Asian lawyers and their contribution to the legal profession. This year, the SABA Awards will honour leadership and excellence in the profession by South Asian lawyers, as well as outstanding commitment by an individual or organization to the cause of diversity.
SABA will be presenting the Legal Excellence Awards and Diversity Award, the criteria for which are described below.
The SABA Legal Excellence Awards recognizes lawyers who have achieved excellence in their areas of practice or have exceptionally contributed to the profession. Successful candidates need not have reached a senior-level position, however their track-record should reflect a strong potential for distinction and leadership. Nominations are invited from lawyers of all levels of seniority in law firms, corporations, government, academia and alternate legal careers. Nominees must be members of SABA as of the date of application.
The SABA Diversity Award will recognize an individual or organization that has demonstrated exemplary commitment to the promotion and recognition of diversity in the legal profession. Winners will be drawn from members of the legal profession not limited to members of SABA and organizations that employ legal professionals.
- Lawyers of all levels of seniority are eligible for nomination.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Nominees can be nominated for both categories but are entitled to win in one category.
- SABA reserves the right to propose nominations.
- Nominations must be received by no later than 5:00 PM on November 2, 2018.
- Nomination packages should include a personal statement of no more than two pages and a curriculum vitae. Letters of support are optional but not required.
- Nominations are to be sent by email to Amandeep Dhillon at email@example.com