Corporate Counsel Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Methanex is the world’s largest producer and marketer of methanol. Headquartered in Vancouver, and listed on the TSX and NASDAQ, Methanex is truly a global enterprise with production hubs in Canada, the United States, New Zealand, Egypt, Trinidad & Tobago and Chile, and sales offices in North America, South America, Europe and throughout the Asia Pacific region. Methanex has clear strategic goals and has developed a strong corporate culture that values professionalism, teamwork, best people practices, and the ethic of Responsible Care.
Job Description – Corporate Counsel
Methanex has an immediate opening for a Corporate Counsel to join its in-house legal team in Vancouver. The Corporate Counsel will deal with a broad range of corporate commercial and financing matters, and service the entire global enterprise.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Handle banking agreements, project finance, and bond offerings.
- Oversee a broad range of commercial matters.
- Provide legal assistance to the entire global enterprise.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5-8 years of corporate commercial experience with a focus on banking and finance matters.
- Sound judgement and practical business sense.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on international teams with minimal direction and provide effective and efficient service in a stimulating, fast-paced, and global environment.
- Keen interest in expanding your career to include both legal and business responsibilities.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Jordan Priest, Recruitment Associate
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.