In-House Counsel Job in Toronto GTA, Canada
Our client is an established and progressive investment company with offices in the GTA. As one of Ontario’s prominent lenders, it has a successful track record of growth from year to year.
Job Description: In-House Counsel
Our client has an immediate opening for an In-House Counsel to join its team. The In-House Counsel will be responsible for managing a broad range of real estate-related legal issues and general commercial matters. Assistance from a law clerk will be provided. This is a rare opportunity for a talented lawyer seeking to combine professional growth with work-life balance at a progressive company poised for further success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Handle a broad range of real estate-related legal matters, including mortgage documents/financing, review of agreements of purchase and sale, title review, deeds, title registration, status certificate review, and mortgage concerns.
- Provide quick turnaround and high-quality work product.
- Prepare resolutions and forms, and coordinate the collection of documents for transactions.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 4-7 years of experience in real estate matters, including residential real estate and secured financing transactions.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial outlook and can-do approach.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: