Employment Associate Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client, Clark Wilson LLP, is one of British Columbia’s leading law firms, dedicated to providing responsive, proactive, and thoughtful advice and counsel on a comprehensive range of industries. The firm features a strong entrepreneurial ethic and actively supports lawyers in profile building, networking, and business development efforts.
Job Description – Employment Associate Job in Vancouver
Clark Wilson LLP has an immediate opening for an Employment Associate to join its team in Vancouver. The Employment Associate will assist clients in a broad range of employment issues. Offering an attractive compensation package and immediate partnership prospects, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a highly regarded and integrated team with exceptional clients
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and representation on a broad range of employment issues, including wrongful dismissal and related tort claims, employment standards complaints, employment contracts, human rights complaints, restrictive covenants, etc.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- Four to eight years of employment experience at a top-tier firm.
- General litigation experience and an interest in transitioning to a specialized employment practice will also be considered.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills.
- Effective practice management and superior client service orientation.
- Some labour experience is preferred, but not required.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Warren Smith, Managing Partner