Employment Associate Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Our client, Clark Wilson LLP, is one of British Columbia’s leading law firms, dedicated to providing responsive, proactive, and thoughtful advice and counsel on a comprehensive range of industries. The firm features a strong entrepreneurial ethic and actively supports lawyers in profile building, networking, and business development efforts.
Job Description – Employment Associate Job in Vancouver
Clark Wilson LLP has an immediate opening for an Employment Associate to join its team in Vancouver. The Employment Associate will assist clients in a broad range of employment issues. Offering an attractive compensation package and immediate partnership prospects, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a highly regarded and integrated team with exceptional clients
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and representation on a broad range of employment issues, including wrongful dismissal and related tort claims, employment standards complaints, employment contracts, human rights complaints, restrictive covenants, etc.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- Four to eight years of employment experience at a top-tier firm.
- General litigation experience and an interest in transitioning to a specialized employment practice will also be considered.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills.
- Effective practice management and superior client service orientation.
- Some labour experience is preferred, but not required.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: