In-House General Counsel Job in Saskatoon, Canada
Farmers of North America (FNA) is a dynamic business alliance of farmers dedicated to maximizing farm profitability. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Saskatoon, FNA members improve their profitability through participation in FNA negotiated programs and services, and through discounts from a national network of preferred suppliers. The organization currently represents over 20 million acres of land and 10,000 farm families across Canada. The number of members and value of benefits increases every day, all serving FNA’s single mission: “To Improve Farm Profitability”.
Job Description – General Counsel
FNA has an immediate opening for a General Counsel to join its team. The General Counsel will provide expert counsel on a wide array of legal issues to FNA and other family businesses.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Represent clients in court, at tribunals, and before administrative bodies.
- Participate in negotiation and mediation, and counsel clients with regards to negotiations.
- Communicate and arbitrate disputes between parties.
- Ensure compliance with government legislation.
- Provide guidance on practices and legal responsibilities.
- Manage risks.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- Over 10 years of commercial litigation experience, including contract and shareholder disputes, employment/labour, and IP.
- Entrepreneurial outlook, strong business acumen, and sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Combination of in-house and private practice experience is preferred.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: