General Counsel Lawyer Job in Hamilton, Bermuda
Our client is a reputed investment firm with an established, long-term track record of pursuing global macro and quantitative strategies in a broad range of assets.
Job Description – General Counsel Lawyer
The Company has an immediate opening for a General Counsel to join its dynamic team this position is based in Bermuda with some travel required.
Offering a highly competitive (tax-free) compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious junior to mid-level lawyer seeking an in-house position with an opportunity to be involved in developing and growing the business. The Company will be responsible for obtaining appropriate work permits and will provide relocation assistance. The Company will also provide health care coverage in Bermuda.
Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory less than two hours flight time from New York and less than three hours flight time from Toronto. In addition to beautiful beaches and year-round warm weather, Bermuda has first rate infrastructure, top-notch restaurants and facilities, and a vibrant community of expats from all over the world.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist CEO with managing a team of investment professionals.
- Assist with regulatory filings, recordkeeping and other office/administrative tasks.
- Provide regulatory and tax compliance in various jurisdictions.
- Assist with marketing and fundraising.
- Recruiting and human resources management for the Bermuda and New York offices.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-5 years of general corporate commercial experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent judgment, proactivity, and use of initiative and decision-making.
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritization, and people management skills.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: