Corporate Counsel Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9B in assets, Central 1 leverages its scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast.
Job Description – Corporate Counsel Lawyer
Central 1 Credit Union has an immediate opening for a Corporate Counsel Lawyer to join its team in Vancouver. Reporting to the Chief Transformation & Legal Officer, the Corporate Counsel will provide legal advice to internal clients, work on strategic projects, and liaise with external counsel as necessary.
Offering a competitive compensation package, this is a unique opportunity for a business-minded lawyer to join a group of leading practitioners working on cutting-edge financial technologies in an institutional environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide legal services to specific business units within Central 1, including digital banking, and act as their legal point of contact.
- Draft, review and negotiate various types of contracts, including services agreements, agreements with strategic partners, and technology licensing agreements.
- Provide primary legal support for the development of new digital banking products and services.
- Assist business units in identifying legal issues and risks and complying with regulations.
- Support the client development team with respect to legal matters and negotiations that arise in the course of their sales efforts.
- Advise on existing contractual arrangements and questions of contract interpretation.
- Manage legal projects, including those related to strategic initiatives and compliance.
- Manage external legal counsel.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Central 1’s digital banking products and services.
- Support the executive management team’s preparation of reports and resolutions for board of director committees.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of broad corporate/commercial experience, including several years of private practice experience in a leading business law firm environment.
- Practical, results-oriented approach combined with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and client service skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a dynamic and varied environment.
- Experience with technology/software agreements or advising financial institutions would be considered assets.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Chaaya R. Jugdeb, Recruitment Associate
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.