In-House Assistant General Counsel Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are currently engaged in a highly confidential Assistant General Counsel opportunity. Our client is an established and progressive company seeking a confident, commercially-minded lawyer to joins its team in Toronto.
Job Description: In-House Assistant General Counsel Lawyer
The Assistant General Counsel will provide support to business units and advise on a broad range of commercial matters, including contract drafting and negotiation, employment, intellectual property, supply chain-related matters, marketing and advertising, risk management, and compliance strategies.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of corporate commercial experience, preferably with some soft IP and/or marketing and advertising law experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and initiative.
- Reputation as a people leader.
- Prior in-house experience would be considered an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: