In-House Legal Counsel Job in Vancouver, Canada
Herschel Supply Co. is a design-driven global accessories brand known for its iconic products. Founded in 2009 by brothers Jamie and Lyndon Cormack, Herschel Supply Co. adopted the name of the small town where three generations of their family grew up. The company is based in Vancouver and manufactures the finest quality backpacks, bags, travel goods, and accessories.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel (Corporate/Commercial)
Herschel Supply Co. is seeking to add a fourth member to their legal team, based in the Vancouver head office. Reporting to the Senior Vice President – Legal, the In-House Legal Counsel (Corporate/Commercial) will play an integral part in advising the company on both business and legal issues across seven global offices, including matters arising from product design, manufacturing, marketing, and sales (online, wholesale and direct retail) in over 90 countries.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate inbound and outbound agreements, leases, and licenses.
- Oversee, direct, and manage a worldwide contracts management strategy, from intake to templates to storage.
- Advise internal clients on day-to-day domestic and international business matters, including commercial agreements, employment, financial arrangements, and tax structuring, real estate, operational matters, and retail and online commercial and consumer regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with internal IP Counsel, paralegal, international external counsel, and other non-legal vendors to craft creative legal and non-legal solutions.
- Provide support on legal issues and compliance arising from the company’s Vancouver, New York, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Belgium, and London offices.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-6 years of corporate/commercial and M&A experience at a top-tier law firm or company.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead initiatives autonomously and deliver practical, commercial, and solution-oriented advice.
- Willingness to take ownership of legal tasks and additional non-legal business duties as needed.
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or significant international legal experience would be considered an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: