Junior Litigation Lawyer Job in Ottawa, Canada
Our client is a progressive and highly regarded boutique firm with a national presence. The firm features a team of highly skilled litigators with an ongoing commitment to meaningful work, and an open, inclusive, and non-hierarchal work environment. Their practice focuses on all areas of public and constitutional law including education, Aboriginal, human rights, and administrative law, as well as civil litigation, labour, and employment law. They represent clients before all levels of court and administrative tribunals, anywhere in Canada.
Job Description – Junior Litigation Lawyer Ottawa
Our client has an immediate opening for a Litigation Lawyer to join its team in either Ottawa or Vancouver. The successful candidate will assist senior counsel and clients with a wide variety of litigation and administrative matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research and analysis, file reviews, and prepare memoranda.
- Draft legal opinions, pleadings, and proceedings documents for litigation and administrative matters.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure that deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-3 years of litigation experience.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills.
- Strong interpersonal and practice management skills.
- Ability to practice in English and French is strongly preferred.
- Completion of judicial clerkship and/or further academic qualifications, an ongoing interest in pro bono work, and/or experience in constitutional, human rights, or Aboriginal law would be considered an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Chaaya R. Jugdeb, Recruitment Associate
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.