Legal Counsel in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
We are working with a highly successful company with a long-standing reputation for excellent service and standards.
Offering opportunities for career growth, work-life balance, and excellent culture, this is a tremendous opportunity for a business minded commercial lawyer to join a highly successful organization.
Job Description – Legal Counsel
The Legal Counsel will provide support and legal advice on a wide range of senior level legal and risk management issues within the Company. The Legal Counsel is also responsible for leading special Legal Services projects as well as novel and complex transactions.
Experience with franchise law and/or real estate law is not required but would be considered an asset.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide practical and timely legal, strategic and business-oriented advice on a wide range of legal and risk management issues.
- Negotiate, review and draft complex commercial and technology contracts, ensuring simple language drafting techniques are appropriately incorporated.
- Advise on franchising matters, including providing leadership and direction to address novel, non-recurring and complex transactions.
- Manage, coach, and mentor members of the Legal Services team.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 4+ years’ experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Knowledge of corporate commercial law, specifically experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Experience in the following areas of law will be considered an asset: intellectual property, privacy, franchising, commercial real estate/leasing, litigation, environmental, insurance and marketing.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated skills in problem solving, principled negotiation, time management and strong decision making.
- The ability to exercise initiative, prioritize and be accountable for multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to succinctly discuss legal issues in an accessible way, and simple language drafting skills with attention to detail.
- Experience in leading, developing, and managing performance of a team is desirable.
- Familiarity working with collaborative technology software tools, such as the Google suite of products, is an asset.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: