Legal Counsel Job in Greater Toronto Area, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Purolator Inc. is a leading Canadian integrated freight, package, and logistics solutions provider in Canada. Celebrating 60 years of delivering its customers’ promises, Purolator continues to expand its reach and renowned service levels and reliability to more people, more businesses, and more places across the country and around the world. Purolator is proud of its Canadian heritage and is focused on sustainably positioning itself for future growth and success. Purolator is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves and where more than 13,000 of its employees live, work and play.
Offering work-life balance and a dynamic work environment, this is a tremendous opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a trade leader in an energizing and evolving industry.
Job Description – Legal Counsel
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add a Legal Counsel to its team in the Greater Toronto Area. The role will work closely with the Assistant General Counsel on a broad range of corporate commercial files matters. The ideal candidate will have two to five years of general commercial experience, preferably with some IT experience or an interest in the area; exceptional interpersonal and client service skills; and sound business acumen.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and pragmatic legal advice and legal support with respect to a wide range of general corporate commercial matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts with strategic partners, suppliers, and vendors.
- Provide support to the legal team and various business units.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-5 years of general commercial experience, preferably some IT experience or an interest in the area.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Sound business acumen and strong analytical and drafting skills.
- Work with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Meaghan Loughry, Recruitment Associate
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.