Patent Agent Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Cameron IP is a firm devoted entirely to intellectual property. Established in 1990, Cameron IP assists individuals and businesses seeking patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property protection in Canada and around the world.
Job Description – Patent Agent Lawyer
Cameron IP has an immediate opening for a Patent Agent Lawyer to join its team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will assist clients worldwide with a variety of intellectual property matters, including the drafting and prosecution of patent applications.
Offering an attractive compensation package and strong support and resources, this is a unique opportunity for a talented patent lawyer to step into a practice and grow with a collegial and entrepreneurial team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise inventors, entrepreneurs and companies on IP strategies and provide opinions on a variety of IP matters.
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications directed to biological, chemical, and mechanical inventions.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 10+ years of experience in patent drafting and prosecution.
- Registered USPTO/CIPO Patent Agent.
- Background in biotechnology and/or mechanical engineering.
- Superior communication and writing skills.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: