Associate, Commercial Litigation in Vancouver, Canada
We are working with an established, successful international law firm that provides a broad range of legal solutions to its clients.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a bright, detail-oriented, ambitious lawyer with strong interpersonal skills to join a collegial team within a top tier firm.
Job Description – Associate, Commercial Litigation
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Commercial Litigation to its team in Vancouver. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of commercial litigation experience, as well as superior drafting, analytical, and communication skills. Excellent work ethic, self-motivation and attention to detail are essential, as are exceptional research, practice management, negotiation and advocacy skills and client service abilities.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a broad and complex commercial litigation practice.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- At least 5 years of experience working on a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters.
- Superior drafting, analytical, and communication skills.
- Strong initiative and interpersonal skills.
The Counsel Network – a Caldwell company is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: