Senior Legal Counsel, Innovation Lawyer in Calgary, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
We are working with an established and highly regarded organization renowned for its commitment to fairness, integrity, and professionalism.
Offering work-life balance and a collaborative culture, this is an exciting for an innovative lawyer to be engaged with cutting edge and evolving securities law matters.
Job Description – Senior Legal Counsel, Innovation Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add a Senior Legal Counsel, Innovation Lawyer to its team in Calgary. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight years of corporate/commercial experience, preferably with capital markets/securities law experience and an interest in innovation. Success in this role requires an entrepreneurial and innovative approach, strong advocacy (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, and the ability to succinctly explain complex legal and business matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research, monitor, and evaluate trends in capital formation, emerging fintech, and regulatory development matters.
- Provide guidance and assistance in navigating securities regulatory requirements.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 8+ years of securities law experience (public or private financings, investment funds or derivatives) at a mid-sized/large law firm or in-house environment.
- Experience with blockchain and/or fintech-related matters would be an asset.
- Strong written and oral advocacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: