Associate, Banking & Finance Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client is one of Canada’s leading full-service law firms. The firm features a comprehensive platform, strong support and resources, and excellent partnership prospects. Its financial services group consists of highly regarded and successful lawyers with a thriving practice.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer seeking to join a leading firm that fosters a collaborative and high-performance culture.
Job Description – Associate, Banking & Finance Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for an Associate, Banking & Finance Lawyer to join its team. The successful candidate will assist clients in a broad range of banking and financial services matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Assist and advise financial institutions, private lenders, and businesses in respect of a broad range of financial services transactions, including corporate lending, cross-border financings, syndicated bank transactions, and acquisition financings.
· Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
· LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
· Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
· 1-4 years of financial services experience.
· Excellent analytical, drafting, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong work ethic, sound judgement, and an entrepreneurial outlook.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: