Associate, Corporate M&A & Commercial Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client is a national, full-service law firm with an incredible reputation, strong support and resources, and a dynamic team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join an entrepreneurial, growing, and successful firm.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate M&A & Commercial Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Corporate M&A & Commercial lawyer to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years of corporate/commercial and M&A experience, strong business development skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Manage a varied case load of corporate M&A and commercial files.
· Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
· Support senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
· LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
· Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
· 2+ years of corporate/commercial and M&A experience.
· Strong business development skills.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and drafting skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708