Partner, Tax Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client is a highly successful and growing Canadian full-service law firm. The firm features an entrepreneurial platform, a strong commitment to practice excellence, and exceptional support and resources.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious lawyer seeking to join a multi-faceted team with a dynamic tax law practice.
Job Description – Partner, Tax Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add a Tax Partner to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist clients with a variety of corporate tax law matters including personal business services, owner operator tax advising/planning, and reorganizations. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of fifteen years of tax law experience. Experience working with trusts/estates matters is considered an asset. A partial portable book is preferred.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Manage a broad tax practice, including personal business services, owner operator tax advising/planning, and reorganizations.
• Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
• Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
• 15+ years of tax law experience, including trusts & estate matters.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong client-service orientation and initiative.
• Superior practice management skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708