Associate, Class Action Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Klein Lawyers is one of Canada’s most recognized class action law firms. They have served as plaintiffs’ counsel in a wide range of landmark class action lawsuits, ranging from defective drugs and medical devices to deceptive marketing and securities misrepresentations. The firm has earned a reputation for success, effective advocacy, and exceptional client service, and has been a pioneer in class action litigation in Canada, having served as counsel on many of the largest class action settlements in Canadian history. With offices in Vancouver and Toronto, Klein Lawyers has served as counsel in the first class actions certified in multiple provinces across Canada.
Job Description – Associate, Class Action Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, Klein Lawyers is seeking to add an Associate, Class Action lawyer to its team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will have three to six years of general litigation experience, with a demonstrated track interest in research, analysis, and drafting on complex litigation matters. Completion of a judicial clerkship and/or further academic qualifications would also be considered an asset. If you enjoy working on some of the leading class action matters in Canada, particularly in helping to explore novel or unique approaches to case preparation, this position is for you.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer seeking to join a successful firm offering work-life balance, meaningful work, opportunities for career progression, excellent resources, and a highly competitive compensation model.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a class action practice.
- Advocate on behalf of clients at all levels of court and at mediation.
- Enhance client relations and expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-7 years of class action experience (plaintiff or defense).
- Strong research, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Completion of a judicial clerkship and/or further academic qualifications be considered an asset.
- Desire to work on novel, complex legal issues.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Trevin Sewell, Recruitment Associate
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.