Associate, Class Action Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client, Koskie Minsky LLP, is a pre-eminent and progressive law firm located in downtown Toronto. The firm has established a unique position and reputation in the Canadian legal community as exceptional lawyers providing practical and innovative counsel to their clients. Most of the firm’s partners have been recognized by Lexpert and Best Lawyers Directories.
The Class Actions group is one of Canada’s leading plaintiff class action teams with many landmark cases that were the first of their kind in Canada – successful not only in changing existing laws, but also in providing a voice and substantial financial recovery for their clients. The lawyers have extensive experience handling complex class actions in a wide variety of areas – including residential schools, crown liability, environmental claims, securities misrepresentation, employment law, product liability, and consumer protection.
Job Description – Associate, Class Action Lawyer
Koskie Minsky LLP is seeking an Associate, Class Action to join its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist clients with a variety of class action matters.
Offering competitive compensation, this is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic firm committed to excellence, diversity, and a rich tradition of ongoing public and community service. Koskie Minsky is dedicated to upholding the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a class action practice.
- Advocate on behalf of clients at all levels of court and at mediation.
- Enhance client relations and expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 4 – 8 years of complex litigation experience at a reputable law firm, preferably with class actions experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate and thrives on responsibility and doing meaningful work.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative and professional team setting.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: