Associate, Corporate Tax Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client, Koskie Minsky LLP, is a pre-eminent and progressive law firm located in downtown Toronto. The firm has established a unique position and reputation in the Canadian legal community as exceptional lawyers providing practical and innovative counsel to their clients. Most of the firm’s partners have been recognized by Lexpert and Best Lawyers Directories.
The Pensions and Benefits group is recognized nationally as a pre-eminent team and advises unions, employees, retirees, trustee boards, and other administrators of multi-employer, private, and public sector plans on the full range of pension and benefit matters.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate Tax Lawyer
Koskie Minsky LLP has an immediate opening for an Associate, Corporate Tax Lawyer to join its Pension and Benefits Department’s Corporate Commercial/Securities Practice. The successful candidate will assist clients on a range of corporate tax matters relating to pensions and benefits.
Offering competitive compensation, this is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic firm committed to excellence, diversity, and a rich tradition of ongoing public and community service. Koskie Minsky is dedicated to upholding the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assists clients with a variety of corporate tax law matters relating to pension and employee benefits.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-4 years of corporate or tax law experience at a reputable law firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and professional team setting.
- Passionate and thrives on responsibility and doing meaningful work.
- Experience in pension investment work is an asset but not essential.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: