Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Gehlen Dabbs is one of the top insolvency boutiques in Vancouver, representing lenders, commercial landlords, receivers, bankruptcy trustees, and financially troubled businesses in all aspects of insolvency matters. In addition, the firm is a leader in housing cooperative law, representing over 190 housing co-ops and related management organizations on a wide variety of legal matters.
Job Description – Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Building on their successful recruitment efforts in 2019 and as part of the firm’s continued growth strategy for 2020, Gehlen Dabbs has an immediate opening for an Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer to join its team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will assist clients across a broad range of industries with a variety of commercial litigation matters.
Offering a competitive compensation package, work-life balance, and excellent partnership prospects, this is an exceptional and unique opportunity to learn and grow with proven mentors in a laid-back yet professional environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain a complex commercial litigation practice, with a focus on insolvency law.
- Represent trustees, directors, shareholders, creditors, debtors, and secured lenders in a wide variety of insolvency situations.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 4-10 years of commercial litigation experience, ideally with some exposure to insolvency and restructuring law.
- Solid academic record.
- Superior advocacy, research, and writing skills.
- Stellar history of working well with others and thriving in an interactive practice environment.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: