Associate, Corporate Commercial Lawyer Job in BC Interior, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
We are working with an established and successful law firm with strong community ties in the BC Interior.
Offering the best of small-town living, this is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer to step into a mature and full practice, and join a firm offering long-term career autonomy and growth and work-life balance.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate Commercial Lawyer
As part of its succession plan, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Corporate Commercial to their team in the Columbia-Shuswap region. The successful candidate will have five to ten years of corporate commercial experience, including drafting agreements and commercial transactions. The ideal candidate will be able to network effectively, have a client-focused approach, and excellent practice management skills. A portable practice is not required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a varied case load of corporate commercial files, including drafting agreements and commercial transactions.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5-10 years of general corporate commercial experience.
- Ability to network effectively and have a client focused approach.
- Excellent practice management skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: