In-House Counsel, Employment & Litigation Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
We are working with a highly successful company known for its commitment to environmental stewardship.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented litigator to join a well-established, highly successful company offering challenging and dynamic work, a flexible benefits program, and a competitive compensation package.
Job Description – In-House Counsel, Employment & Litigation Lawyer
Our client is seeking a passionate Employment & Litigation Lawyer who enjoys working in a collaborative, innovative environment. Through their commitment to environmental protection, the company takes pride in their focus on safety and responsibility.
As a member of the Legal and Joint Venture Team, the In-House Counsel, Employment and Litigation Lawyer will report to the Associate General Counsel, Regulatory, Litigation & Environmental and will assist with managing risk by providing leadership and advocacy on employment and litigation related matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Advise and provide counsel on all employment related matters including policies and procedures, pensions and benefits, and labour relations issues in both Canada and the US.
• Advise and provide counsel on litigation, arbitration, dispute resolution, and legal settlements that are assigned in both Canada and the US.
• Provide support on a variety of employment and litigation matters.
• Identify and manage external legal counsel relationships.
• Successfully collaborate with internal and external parties.
• Leverage technical expertise and analytical skills to manage complex legal issues.
• Provides general advice on legal matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
• Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
• 5-9 years of relevant employment and litigation experience.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve complex matters.
• Team player with the ability to work with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams and work with others for a shared goal.
• Ability to challenge other viewpoints and be accepting of having own viewpoint challenged by others.
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and both verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong business acumen and commercial mindset.
• Growth mindset with the ability to think innovatively.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: