Associate, Corporate Commercial Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client is a successful boutique business law firm known for its strong client relationships, highly regarded team of lawyers and unique culture.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial lawyer to join a successful team with a thriving practice, opportunities for professional growth, autonomy over work, and a collegial team culture.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate Commercial Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate with Corporate Commercial experience to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have one to five years of corporate commercial law experience. The position will assist clients with a wide variety of corporate law matters, including M&A, share/asset purchases and sales, financings, franchise and other commercial matters spanning a wide range of industries.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist clients with M&A, share/asset purchases and sales, financings and other commercial matters spanning a wide range of industries.
- Work with senior counsel to ensure deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-5 years of corporate commercial law experience.
- Strong communication, drafting, and technical skills.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Meaghan Loughry, Recruitment Associate
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.