Associate, Employment (Mid-Level) Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
We are working with a highly regarded Canadian business law firm featuring a dynamic platform, a competitive compensation structure, and a thriving Employment Law practice group.
Job Description – Associate, Employment Lawyer (Mid-Level)
Due to continued growth, the firm has an immediate opening for an Associate, Employment Lawyer (Mid-Level) to join its team in Calgary. The successful candidate will assist sophisticated corporate clients in a wide range of workplace-related matters.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a highly regarded firm dedicated to fostering a high-performing culture that is both professionally and personally rewarding.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist clients in a wide range of labour and employment issues, including wrongful dismissal, OH&S, employment standards, human rights, and labour relations.
- Advise on disciplinary matters, terminations, drafting and implementing employment contracts and workplace policies, and collective agreement interpretation.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-5 years of management-side employment law experience.
- Strong client service orientation and a pragmatic, business-focused outlook.
- Labour law experience is preferred, but not required.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: