Associate, Insurance Defense Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Branch MacMaster LLP is a leading litigation law firm specializing in class actions, health, and insurance matters. Founded in 1998, the firm handles a variety of claims for commercial insurers, including occupiers’ liability, product liability, motor vehicle liability, professional negligence, and construction defects. Branch MacMaster LLP has been recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Canada’s top boutiques, by the National Post as one of BC’s top business law firms, and by Lexpert as a leader in commercial insurance and class actions.
Job Description – Associate, Insurance Defense Lawyer
Branch MacMaster LLP has an immediate opening for a litigation associate with five to ten years of insurance defense experience. The successful candidate will assist commercial insurers with a variety of claims matters. Offering an excellent compensation package, this is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and talented litigator to join a leading insurance practice, while also enjoying the benefits of a collegial work environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a diverse insurance defense caseload with minimal supervision.
- Advocate on behalf of clients at all levels of court and at mediation
- Enhance client relations and expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5-10 years of experience in commercial insurance matters.
- Track record of providing high-level client service defending property and casualty claims, including personal injury, product liability, construction defects, and non-ICBC motor vehicle accidents.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Chaaya R. Jugdeb, Recruitment Associate
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.