In-House Legal Counsel Job in Calgary, Canada
We are working with a highly regarded and established organization, renowned for its commitment to professionalism, integrity, and fairness.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel
Our client has an immediate opening for a Legal Counsel to join its Corporate Finance team in Calgary. Reporting to the Manager, Legal, Corporate Finance, the Legal Counsel will ensure compliance with securities law and make recommendations on applications for exemptive relief. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented mid-level securities lawyer seeking to join a leading organization offering work-life balance and a professional and collaborative culture.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review offering documents and continuous disclosure.
- Make recommendations on applications for exemptive relief.
- Advise staff, executive, and board with respect to the interpretation and application of Alberta’s securities laws as they relate to corporate finance, M&A, and investment funds.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of business law experience at a mid-sized/large law firm or in-house environment.
- Significant securities law experience, including public and private financings, M&A transactions, and continuous disclosure.
- Strong written advocacy skills.
- Ability to succinctly explain complex legal and business matters.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Jeremiah Hunter, Recruitment Associate