Associate, Litigation Lawyer Job in Vernon, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Davidson Lawyers LLP is a full-service law firm serving the North Okanagan and Shuswap. Since 1919, Davidson Lawyers has been an integral part of the community, bringing a wealth of experience, as well as personalized and cost-effective legal solutions, to its client. In particular, the firm’s litigation lawyers have been recognized for handling the most challenging cases with skill and determination. The firm boasts lawyers with practice backgrounds that include serving as partners and heads of practice groups at regional and national law firms, but who have since relocated to the Okanagan. Davidson Lawyers is located in the beautiful City of Vernon, the commercial hub of the North Okanagan, which offers the best in valley living.
Job Description – Associate, Litigation Lawyer
Davidson Lawyers has an immediate opening for an Associate, Litigation Lawyer to join its team in Vernon. The successful candidate will assist clients with a broad range of litigation matters.
Offering a compensation package competitive with national law firms, with exceptional partnership prospects with one of the top firms in the region, this is a unique opportunity to benefit from a significantly reduced cost of living while living in one of the most desirable regions of Canada.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a broad and complex civil and commercial litigation practice.
- Handle day-to-day aspects of a litigation file, from initial retainer to trial, including litigation strategy, cost management, and client correspondence.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure that deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of litigation experience.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional work ethic and practice standards.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: