Associate, M&A Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
We are working with one of Canada’s top national law firms that provides a broad range of legal solutions to its clients.
Job Description – Associate, M&A Lawyer
As a result of continued growth, our client is seeking to add a corporate M&A associate to join its team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of corporate experience, preferably with a focus on either public or private mergers and acquisitions matters. As the ideal candidate, you can lead several deals at any given point and thrive when directly advising clients through complex transactions. Moreover, you are a team player and have a demonstrated ability to take direction from partners and delegate matters to more junior associates.
Offering top of the market compensation, this is an excellent opportunity for an innovative lawyer with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join a collegial team within a top tier firm.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist clients in private and public mergers and acquisition matters.
- Assist clients at all stages of the business growth cycle in respect to financings, strategic corporate transactions, and general corporate matters.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of corporate M&A experience.
- Excellent drafting, analytical, and communication skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: