Associate, Privacy Lawyer in Toronto, Canada
Our client is a leading Canadian law firm with a full-service platform, a strong reputation for practice excellence, and robust support and resources.
Offering excellent partnership and career growth prospects, a collegial work environment and a team focused culture, this is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join an entrepreneurial, growing, and successful firm. Remote working option is available.
Job Description – Associate, Privacy Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Privacy with a minimum of two years of experience to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will advise local, national, and multinational organizations on privacy and data management laws.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise local, national, and multinational organizations on privacy and data management laws, including CASL, cyber security, data breaches, information governance, transfer of data, etc.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
- Work with senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2+ years of privacy law experience at a top tier firm.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.