Commercial Litigation Associate Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client is a mid-size local law firm that offers legal services in a wide range of practices. The firm offers a collegial work environment where support and cross-utilization amongst practice areas is encouraged.
Job Description – Mid-Level Commercial Litigation Associate Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Mid-Level Commercial Litigation Associate Lawyer to join its office in Calgary. The successful candidate will assist clients in a broad range of commercial litigation matters. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented litigator to join a collegial team with a unique culture in a growing and dynamic firm.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain a carriage of commercial litigation files.
- Handle day-to-day aspects of litigation files, from initial retainer to trial, including litigation strategy, cost management, and client correspondence.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5-10 years of commercial litigation experience.
- Aptitude for advanced legal technology.
- Superior advocacy, technical, interpersonal, and file management skills.
- Experience before the Federal Court would be considered an asset.
- A portable practice is preferred, but not required.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Jeremiah Hunter, Recruitment Associate
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.