Junior Immigration Associate Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
Our client is a mid-size local law firm that offers legal services in a wide range of practices. The firm offers a collegial work environment where support and cross-utilization amongst practice areas is encouraged.
Job Description – Junior Immigration Associate Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Junior Immigration Associate Lawyer to join its office in Calgary. The successful candidate will assist clients in a broad range of immigration matters. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and detail-oriented lawyer to join a collegial team in a growing and dynamic firm.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist clients with a variety of immigration applications, including temporary residence visas and extensions, express entries, family class sponsorships, work and study permits, permanent residence, Canadian citizenship, and Authorizations to Return to Canada.
- Prepare for and attend hearings before various Immigration Tribunals.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-3 years of immigration law experience.
- Aptitude for advanced legal technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Jeremiah Hunter, Recruitment Associate