Contract Litigation Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client is a dynamic mid-sized law firm located in the heart of downtown Toronto. The firm is regarded as one of Canada’spreeminent law firms and holds a unique position in the Canadian legal market. The firm has been repeatedly recognized for its expertise in litigation, employment, professional liability defense, insurance litigation, and class actions.
Job Description –Contract Litigation Lawyer
Our client is seeking a Contract Litigation Lawyer to join its litigation team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist clients in a range of professional liability defense and commercial litigation matters. This is a 6-month flexible contract with options for reduced hours or work from home arrangements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain a carriage of professional liability defense and commercial litigation files.
- Draft a variety of pleadings, affidavits, facta, mediation and pre-trial briefs, and settlement agreements.
- Handle day-to-day aspects of a litigation file, from initial retainer to trial, including litigation strategy, cost management, and client correspondence.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- Over 4 years of professional liability defense and/or commercial litigation experience.
- LawPRO experience would be considered an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.