Labour and Employment Associate Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client is one of Canada’s leading workplace law firms. The firm delivers integrated labour, employment, administrative, and civil litigation services to a broad range of sophisticated corporate clients.
Job Description – Labour and Employment Associate Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Labour and Employment Associate Lawyer to join their downtown Vancouver office. The successful candidate will assist clients in a range of workplace issues, with a focus on labour advocacy.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise on disciplinary matters, terminations, drafting and implementing employment contracts and workplace policies, and collective agreement interpretation.
- Assist with wrongful dismissal actions, grievances, arbitrations, collective bargaining, human rights applications, employment standards claims, and workplace investigations.
- Represent clients before the BC Labour Relations Board, the BC Human Rights Tribunal, various arbitrators, and federal and provincial courts.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-3 years of labour, employment, or general litigation experience.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Superior client orientation and strong work ethic.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.