Labour and Employment Associate Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Our client is one of Canada’s leading workplace law firms. The firm delivers integrated labour, employment, administrative, and civil litigation services to a broad range of sophisticated corporate clients.
Job Description – Labour and Employment Associate Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Labour and Employment Associate Lawyer to join their downtown Vancouver office. The successful candidate will assist clients in a range of workplace issues, with a focus on labour advocacy.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise on disciplinary matters, terminations, drafting and implementing employment contracts and workplace policies, and collective agreement interpretation.
- Assist with wrongful dismissal actions, grievances, arbitrations, collective bargaining, human rights applications, employment standards claims, and workplace investigations.
- Represent clients before the BC Labour Relations Board, the BC Human Rights Tribunal, various arbitrators, and federal and provincial courts.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-3 years of labour, employment, or general litigation experience.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Superior client orientation and strong work ethic.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: