Associate, Corporate/Commercial Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Our client, Webster Hudson & Coombe LLP (WHC Law), has an established record of creativity, sound judgement and professional expertise in a variety of practice areas. With a client-focused approach, WHC Law is known for its practical, real world advice.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate/Commercial
As part of the firm’s succession plan, WHC Law is seeking a senior Associate, Corporate/Commercial Lawyer to join its Vancouver office. As the successful candidate, you will have a minimum of eight years of general corporate commercial law experience, preferably with commercial real estate, lending and/or banking law experience. Success in this position requires strong drafting and technical skills, sound judgement and business acumen, and excellent practice management skills. A partial portable practice would be preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a vibrant and collegial firm with a profitable platform and strong support resources to facilitate and enhance a practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a broad and complex corporate commercial practice.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 8+ years of corporate experience.
- Excellent drafting and technical skills.
- Sound judgement and business acumen with exceptional practice management skills.
- A partial portable practice would be preferred.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Trevin Sewell, Recruitment Associate