Corporate Securities Associate Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Our client, Stikeman Elliott LLP, is a global leader in Canadian business law and the top choice for business leaders working in and with Canada. The firm ranks first-in-class in each of their core practice areas and has an exceptional track record in major US cross-border and multi-jurisdictional matters. Their leadership, prominence and recognition have continued to grow, both in Canada and around the globe, with offices located in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, and Sydney.
Job Description – Corporate Securities Associate Lawyer in Vancouver
Stikeman Elliott LLP has an immediate opening for a corporate securities associate to join their Vancouver office. The successful candidate will assist clients in a wide variety of financing, business combination, and merger & acquisitions transactions. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Canada’s most prominent business firms.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise and assist on a variety of Canadian and cross-border transactional matters, including public and private M&A, public and private equity financing, joint ventures, securities, and general corporate matters.
- Assist issuers, underwriters, and selling shareholders in domestic and cross-border public offerings and private placements of debt, equity, and structured finance products.
- Assist with corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations, and general regulatory compliance matters.
- Assist with M&A transactions, including take-over bids, plans of arrangement, and corporate reorganizations.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-6 years of experience in the areas of securities, corporate finance, public and private M&A, and general corporate law.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Superior client service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: