In-House General Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
Polymath is a leading blockchain technology company that will allow billions of dollars of securities to migrate to the blockchain. It is a highly automated and scalable platform that helps companies to create securities tokens using a standardized token protocol and raise capital by issuing those securities tokens to accredited investors. Through the Polymath Platform, previously illiquid assets can be tokenized, providing broader access and liquidity to investors and issuers. In short, Polymath allows participants to easily launch Securities Tokens in a regulatory-compliant manner.
Polymath’s team comprises start-up veterans, legal experts, finance professionals, and all-star developers.
Job Description –General Counsel in Toronto
Polymath has an immediate opening for an In-House General Counsel to join their Toronto office. The General Counsel will lead all legal matters within the company and act as a trusted legal advisor on strategy, legal risks and opportunities, and policies and practices.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise on all securities, corporate, and commercial law matters.
- Lead regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Draft, review, and negotiate all contractual agreements, including securities offerings, service agreements, partner and vendor agreements, employment and contractor agreements, mergers and acquisitions, join ventures and licensing agreements.
- Review marketing material.
- Oversee and manage external counsel.
- Hire, train, and lead all-star legal talent.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in securities and corporate law from a top-tier firm or company.
- Self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Understanding of blockchain technology is preferred.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Jordan Priest, Recruitment Associate