Corporate Securities Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client is consistently recognized among the very best law firms in Canada. The firm features a successful and progressive platform, exceptional support and resources, and excellent partnership prospects. Its corporate group includes a first-class and deep, multi-faceted team with a thriving cross-border practice. Their prominence and recognition continue to grow, largely due to the firm’s commitment to recruiting talented and well-rounded lawyers with diverse interests.
Job Description – Corporate Securities Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Corporate Securities Lawyer to join their Toronto office. The Corporate Securities Lawyer will assist clients in a wide variety of financing, business combination, and merger & acquisitions transactions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist issuers, underwriters, and selling shareholders in domestic and cross-border public offerings and private placements of debt, equity, and structured finance products.
- Assist with corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations, and general regulatory compliance matters.
- Assist with M&A transactions, including take-over bids, plans of arrangement, and corporate reorganizations.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-5 years of broad securities and M&A experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and drafting skills.
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial nature.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: