Associate, Employment Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
We are working with a well-established and respected law firm that provides a full range of legal services.
Job Description – Associate, Employment
Due to ongoing growth, the firm has an immediate opening for an Associate, Employment Lawyer to join its team in Calgary. As the successful candidate, you will be highly motivated and dedicated to superior client service.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a full-service firm offering work-life balance and a collegial and team-oriented environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist clients in a wide range of employment issues, including wrongful dismissal, OH&S, employment standards, and human rights.
- Advise on disciplinary matters, terminations, drafting and implementing employment contracts and workplace policies, and collective agreement interpretation.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of employment law experience.
- Strong client service orientation and a pragmatic, business-focused outlook.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: