Estate Litigation Partner Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client is a highly successful, award-winning regional law firm renowned for providing strong legal expertise in a wide variety of areas, with an especially distinguished litigation and appellate practice. Consistently recognized as a top Ontario firm, the firm features an innovative platform and its lawyers are known for their commitment, drive, and success.
Job Description – Estate Litigation Partner Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for an estate litigation partner to join its Toronto office. The successful candidate will assist clients with a broad range of estate litigation matters, ranging from requests for removal of estate trustees and passing of accounts (contested and uncontested), will challenges, guardianships, dependant relief applications, interpretations, spousal claims and elections, variations, rectifications, and other related proceedings.
This opportunity will appeal to a seasoned or an up-and-coming lawyer seeking competitive compensation, partnership prospects and an exceptional platform. This is an especially exciting opportunity to take your practice and career to the next level.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a complex estates litigation practice.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
- Provide mentorship and support to the office’s Wills & Estates Group
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 8+ years of estates litigation experience.
- Results-driven team player orientation.
- Excellent client service, leadership, and practice management skills.
- A background in both litigation and solicitor estates work will also be considered.
- A full or partial portable practice is preferred.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: